Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This a recipe I got from chefclassrecipes.com it is soooo good. The brandy sauce is optional. I usually omit it, but, I did try it and it's delicious.
- 1 tablespoon butter, for baking dish
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3 cups soft bread cubes, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar, granulated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons raisins, soaked in alcohol of choice or 2 tablespoons in juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 2 tablespoons drack brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, cut into small cubes
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream (Brandy Ice Cream Sauce)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- Preheat oven to 350º F degrees.
- 2) Soak bread in one cup of the half and half for one hour.
- 3) Butter a 1-quart baking dish.
- 4) Beat remaining half and half with eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- 5) Add raisin and pour over the soaked bread, combine well.
- 6) Transfer to prepared 1-quart pan.
- 7) Combine, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar and pecan. Sprinkle on top of pudding and dot with butter.
- 8) Bake 1 hour or until set. Allow to cool 30 minutes before cutting.
- 9) Serve with Brandy sauce or ice cream.
- (Brandy Ice Cream Sauce).
- Over medium heat, melt the ice cream in a 10-inch sauté pan.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat the egg yolks. Slowly, add 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the hot melted ice cream to the egg yolks, whisk to combine well.
- Return the egg yolk mixture back into the remaining hot ice cream.
- Stirring constantly, return the sauce to a strong simmer. 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the brandy, mix well.
- Remove from the heat and serve.