This a recipe I got from chefclassrecipes.com it is soooo good. The brandy sauce is optional. I usually omit it, but, I did try it and it's delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter, for baking dish
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3 cups soft bread cubes, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar, granulated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons raisins, soaked in alcohol of choice or 2 tablespoons in juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 2 tablespoons drack brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream (Brandy Ice Cream Sauce)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1Preheat oven to 350º F degrees.
- 22) Soak bread in one cup of the half and half for one hour.
- 33) Butter a 1-quart baking dish.
- 44) Beat remaining half and half with eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- 55) Add raisin and pour over the soaked bread, combine well.
- 66) Transfer to prepared 1-quart pan.
- 77) Combine, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar and pecan. Sprinkle on top of pudding and dot with butter.
- 88) Bake 1 hour or until set. Allow to cool 30 minutes before cutting.
- 99) Serve with Brandy sauce or ice cream.
- 10(Brandy Ice Cream Sauce).
- 11Over medium heat, melt the ice cream in a 10-inch sauté pan.
- 12In a separate bowl, lightly beat the egg yolks. Slowly, add 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the hot melted ice cream to the egg yolks, whisk to combine well.
- 13Return the egg yolk mixture back into the remaining hot ice cream.
- 14Stirring constantly, return the sauce to a strong simmer. 2 to 3 minutes.
- 15Add the brandy, mix well.
- 16Remove from the heat and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raisin Pecan Bread Pudding With Brandy Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 668.4
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 340.3 mg
- Sodium 388.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 36.0 g
- Protein 13.6 g