Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an excellent salsa to serve with pork, chicken or fish. Store up to 24 hours in the refrigerator. Recipe comes from a Sun-Maid Recipe book.
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup orange section
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chipped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced (about 2 Tablespoons)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- salt, to taste
- Combine all ingredients, cover and refrigerate 1 hour for flavors to blend.
This is a wonderful combo of colours and flavours, sweet and spicy, in a word - excellent! I had to sub green onion for the red onion but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. I served it about an hour after making and had no problems with the oranges. This is a lovely side dish that I will be making again. Thanks for posting.
This was very good. I was a little apprehensive about the raisins at first, but they add a nice texture to the other crunchy veggies. I did make it a day ahead, and when I do it again, I will add the orange segments a little before serving because they got a little bit mushy. Very good recipe. Thanks.