- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 3⁄4 cup sour milk (add 2 teaspoons of vinegar)
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter and raisins, stirring in enough sour milk until the dough is just moistened.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Flour hands and pat dough into 2 circles on a greased cookie sheet until the dough is about a half-inch thick.
- Cut dough into quarters and bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Brush egg on dough and then bake at 400 degrees until golden brown (about 10 more minutes).