Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are the best oatmeal raisin cookies I have ever eaten. The secret ingredient which makes them so special is the coconut. Don't worry if you are not a coconut fan, most people are surprised to learn it is in the cookie, but it makes them taste great.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to mixture and mix well.
- Stir in raisins, oats and coconut.
- Drop by level tablespoon onto baking sheet.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until lighlty brown.
turned out nice, thank you.
These are truly delicious! I don't know what more I can say. Made just as stated and got 36 cookies, they baked for 11 minutes. The cookies don't spread, they are crispy on the edges and chewy in the middle. These will surely be made many more times.
Thanks for posting.
This recipe didn't make 36 to 48 for me but it made 12 to 15 of the best cookies my family has eaten. see the fingers in the picture? I couldn't keep them out of them. You won't be sorry with this recipe, on the next one I am going to substitute chocolate chips YUM