Recipe by Lucky.Wife
I found a cookbook that my mother in law Helen had. It is Better Homes and Gardens: So Good with Fruit and the date on the book is 1967. So I will be posting a bunch of recipes from the book so I don't lose them.
- 1⁄4 ounce active dry yeast
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups Bisquick
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften yeast in 1/2 cup warm water; set aside. Stie in next 3 ingredients. Beat vigorously; knead on lightly floured surface till smooth.
- Roll in 15x8 inch rectangle 1/4 inch thick. Butter; sprinkle with remaining ingredients.
- Roll up from narrow side; seal edges. Place seam down in 8 1/2x4 1/2x2 1/2 inch loaf dish. Cover; let rise in warm place till nearly doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375 about 25 minutes. Cover with foil after 20 minutes. Cool. Frost; sprinkle additional nuts and raisins on top.