Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Great around the holidays
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
Brown Sugar Glaze
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Combine raisins and bourbon, stirring well. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well at med. speed with an electric mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder,soda, and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix after each addition. Fold in pecans and raisin mixture.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10 inch tube pan. Bake at 325F for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan, place on serving plate. Drizzle with Brown Sugar Glaze. Cool completely.
- Brown Sugar Glaze: Combine all ingredients in a heavy saucepan; bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Let cool to lukewarm.
I just made the glaze today and it was DIVINE! I could eat it plain. Thanks for the great brown sugar glaze recipe!!!