Prep 12 mins
Cook 0 mins
*Uses: spread on toast, muffins or scones, with couscous or anything you like*.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped toasted walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped raisins
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium-size bowl, whip 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature) until fluffy.
- Combine the softened butter and other ingredients (listed below) together until they are completely blended.
- The butter must first be brought to room temperature and softened by beating it.
- The flavoring ingredients must be very finely chopped or pureed.
- If any extra liquid develops, it should be drained off thoroughly before mixing in the butter.
- For the flavor to better penetrate the butter, allow it to stand at cool room temperature for a few hours before refrigerating.
- Compound butters may be stored in freezer, tightly wrapped.
- Use a sharp knife dipped in hot water for cutting the frozen butter.
- Before refrigerating, you can roll the butter into logs with wax paper; press it into molds to create stars or other shapes; create balls with butter paddles; or simply press it into ramekins for serving.
Nice cinnamon flavor, with just a hint of orange ~ next time I'll use thawed orange juice concentrate for a little more orange taste. Or, add some zest ~ or both! Made this in my DIL's kitchen and I realize the nuts and raisins should be chopped finer ~ I'll use my mini food processor next time. My granddaughter requested this for her oatmeal tomorrow morning! Tagged for Fall Rookie Recipe Tag ~ tagged and made on 09/30..