Recipe by Miss ~V~
I always bought this bread to use with Turkey Tea Sandwiches #110177 but when I moved and could no longer find it, I combined different things from 3 recipes to come up with this one. I only use it for the turkey tea sandwiches. The combination of raisins, nuts and cream cheese with basil go so well together!!
Top Review by Buster's friend
This is one of the top 5 bread recipes I have gotten from Zaar (now a new benchmark to judge other loaves by)! You should be so lucky to find a bread this perfect from a bakery! Mixed & did first raise in the bread machine & divided & put into 2 loaf pans for second raise. I used raisin cycle & added raisins, walnuts and about a tablespoon of cinnamon when the "beep" went off. Baked at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes...OMG, tender crumb that holds perfectly for cutting into slices...the flavor is BEAUTIFUL! I used King Arthur's white whole wheat flour &, after adding a bit too much water when my ancient bread machine sounded like she was straining with initial mix, added about 1/2 cup additional unbleached flour. I added 2x walnuts b/c I had no sunflower seeds & added cinnamon but otherwise followed the ingedients & measurements. Thank you CandleLady for THE go-to raisin bread recipe! This will be made weekly in our house!
- 3⁄4 cup warm milk
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped sunflower seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In the bread machine pan, place all ingredients (except the raisins and nuts) in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Use the 'sweet' bread setting and 'light' crust color.
- Bake according to your machine directions.
- When the machine beeps during the kneading cycle, add the raisins and nuts a few at a time until they are kneaded into the dough.