Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I always bought this bread to use with Turkey Tea Sandwiches #110177 but when I moved and could no longer find it, I combined different things from 3 recipes to come up with this one. I only use it for the turkey tea sandwiches. The combination of raisins, nuts and cream cheese with basil go so well together!!
- 3⁄4 cup warm milk
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped sunflower seeds
- In the bread machine pan, place all ingredients (except the raisins and nuts) in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Use the 'sweet' bread setting and 'light' crust color.
- Bake according to your machine directions.
- When the machine beeps during the kneading cycle, add the raisins and nuts a few at a time until they are kneaded into the dough.
This is one of the top 5 bread recipes I have gotten from Zaar (now a new benchmark to judge other loaves by)! You should be so lucky to find a bread this perfect from a bakery! Mixed & did first raise in the bread machine & divided & put into 2 loaf pans for second raise. I used raisin cycle & added raisins, walnuts and about a tablespoon of cinnamon when the "beep" went off. Baked at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes...OMG, tender crumb that holds perfectly for cutting into slices...the flavor is BEAUTIFUL! I used King Arthur's white whole wheat flour &, after adding a bit too much water when my ancient bread machine sounded like she was straining with initial mix, added about 1/2 cup additional unbleached flour. I added 2x walnuts b/c I had no sunflower seeds & added cinnamon but otherwise followed the ingedients & measurements. Thank you CandleLady for THE go-to raisin bread recipe! This will be made weekly in our house!