Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is what you would call a relatively "healthy" square - makes cheating a little bit easier.
- 110 g butter or 110 g margarine
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups of combined chopped nuts, raisins and dates (can also use sunflower seeds)
- Mix base ingredients well.
- Pat into 20*20 cm greased tin.
- Bake 175 C for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned.
- In the meantime, mix topping ingredients.
- Pour over baked crust.
- Bake 175 C for 25-30 minutes.
- Cut into squares when cool.