Recipe by jonesies
Taken from the Meatless Monday website. Hot cereal with a citrus twist. Put here for safekeeping. Will try when the weather cools a bit!
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup oat bran hot cereal, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup raisins or 1⁄4 cup other finely diced dried fruits
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Let stand until thickened.
- Serve with low-fat or skim milk.
- (Alternate cooking directions: combine all ingredients in a 2-cup microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes, 30 seconds - or until cereal begins to thicken.).