Prep 40 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Perfect for a potluck or family gathering. This old fashioned pull-apart sweetbread will serve a crowd. Sweetness at its best! From Land-O-Lakes Cookbook.
- in 1 qt saucepan scald mild, stir in 1/4 cup butter until melted. cool to warm (105* to 115*F or 40* to 46*C).
- in large mixer bowl dissolve yeast in warm water. add cooled milk mixture, 2 cups flour, 1/4 cup sugar, egg and salt. beat at med speed scraping bowl often, until smooth.
- by hand stir in enough remaining flour to make dough easy to handle.
- turn dough onto lightly floured surface, knead until smooth and elastic (about 10 min).
- placed in greased bowl, turn greased side up. cover and let rise in warm place until double in size (about 1 1/2 hours).
- dough is ready if indentation remains when touched.
- punch down dough, divide in half.
- with floured hands, shape each half into 24 balls.
- in small bowl stir together, 1 cup sugar, pecans and cinnamon.
- dips balls first in melted butter then in sugar mixture.
- place 24 balls in bottom of greased 10"in tube pan or Bundt pan. (if removable bottom tube pan, line with aluminum foil).
- sprinkle with raisins, top with remaining 24 balls.
- cover, let rise until double in size (about 45 min).
- heat oven to 375*F.
- bake for 35-40 minutes or until coffee cake sounds hollow when tapped (cover with aluminum foil if coffee cake browns too quickly).
- immediately invert pan on heat-proof serving plate. let pan stand 1 minute, to allow sugar mixture to drizzle over cake.
- remove pan, and serve warm.