Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A favorite holiday cookie at our house.
Make and share this Raisin Molasses Sugar Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 177.44 ml shortening
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml molasses
- 1 large egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 414.03 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped
- 59.14 ml sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In large bowl, cream together shortening and 1 cup sugar.
- Add molasses, egg, and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- In a seperate bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into molasses mixture; mix well.
- Stir in raisins and walnuts.
- Form into 1-inch balls and roll in additional 1/4 cup sugar.
- Place 2-inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Slightly flatten with the bottom of glass.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand on cookie sheet for 1 minute.
- Remove to wire rack and cool.
- *If cookie dough is too soft to handle, cover and freeze for 10 before rolling into balls.