Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
A little bit of an unusual combination for a cookie that I find delicious. Time doesn't include chill time for dough.
- 177.44 ml shortening
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml molasses
- 1 egg
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 2.46 ml ginger
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml raisins
- Cream shortening and sugar in a large bowl on medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add molasses and egg and mix well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, spices, and salt and add to creamed mixture.
- Mix well, and then stir in raisins.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour for easy shaping.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- Shape dough into 1" balls then roll in sugar to coat well.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until set.
Thank you so much for sharing the recipe for these quick and easy to make cookies Topher. My dh loved your cookies so much, that he rated this dish. Excellant tasting cookies, soft & chewy, perfectly spiced