Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe on the internet and made them this past weekend. They are wonderful!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- light brown sugar, for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line a muffin pan with paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In another bowl combine the milk, melted butter, syrup and egg.
- Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in the raisins.
- Pour the batter into the muffin cups and sprinkle the tops with light brown sugar.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until done. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan.
Yum - tasty muffins! These baked up light and moist and the raisin and maple flavors are great together. I had to soak my raisins in a little hot water to plump them up (they were really dry), otherwise made just as directed. Next time I may add some walnuts too. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Fall Pick-A-Chef 2011