Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Many whole grain breads use Raisin Juice to add to their recipes, especially in 7 grain and 12 grain breads. Here is my original recipe. If you want a clear liquid, strain. If you want to use the raisin remains with it, do so since they will be pulverized. This is a good source of iron.
- Put all ingredients in a large saucepan in the order stated. Cook on low heat, stir a few times until reduced in volume by half.
- Put one cup in your blender, a mix of cooked raisins and liquid.
- Blend well.
- Put the balance of the raisin and liquid in the blender and blend well.
- Strain in a close mesh strainer for clear juice.
- Option: Leave pulverized raisins in juice and strain when you want to use.
- Pour into ice cube trays and freeze.
- When frozen place cubes in a freezer bag and use the amount needed for a portion of the liquid called for in the recipe.
- Thaw cubes and measure the liquid after thawing for each individual recipe.