Recipe by MNgirl
This is a recipe from a cookbook called 250 Classic Recipes. Makes 1-5-1/2x 10 inch cake.
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup honey
- 4 well beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse raisin,drain,dry on a towel and chop fine.
- Sift flour,baking powder and salt together.
- Cream butter with honey until fluffy. Add eggs and beat thoroughly.
- Add sifted dry ingredients and beat well. Add flavoring, raisins and nuts and mix well.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake at 300 degrees for about 2 hours.