Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a lovely sauce for your Easter ham. A bit sweet/sour in the flavor. I often plump the raisins in 4 tbsp of rum overnight before adding them to the sauce.
- 1⁄4 cup lite olive oil
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 4 teaspoons stone ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, snipped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄4 cup dark raisin
- In a glass bowl combine the oil, honey, mustard, chives, ginger, dill, paprika garlic and raisins.
- Whisk in the vinegar, soy, lemon juice and add salt & pepper to taste.
- Let the sauce stand for at least 30 minutes at room temperature before serving.
- Ladle it over slices of hot ham.
I upped the honey to 4 Tablespoons and poured the whole thing over some ham steaks and baked them. They turned out amazing. Moist and flavorful.
This is a lovely sauce for ham, really enhances the flavor! I used the rum to soak the raisins. My DH thought the sauce needed to be hot, so he put his in the microwave for 30 seconds, and prounounced it "awesome". Thanks for a great sauce, Bergy! :o)