Recipe by Bergy
This is a lovely sauce for your Easter ham. A bit sweet/sour in the flavor. I often plump the raisins in 4 tbsp of rum overnight before adding them to the sauce.
- 1⁄4 cup lite olive oil
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 4 teaspoons stone ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, snipped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄4 cup dark raisin
Directions See How It's Made
- In a glass bowl combine the oil, honey, mustard, chives, ginger, dill, paprika garlic and raisins.
- Whisk in the vinegar, soy, lemon juice and add salt & pepper to taste.
- Let the sauce stand for at least 30 minutes at room temperature before serving.
- Ladle it over slices of hot ham.