Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
I adopted this recipe from the Recipezaar account. The original poster noted that it is really sweet and good on baked ham. I prepared it for my Easter ham and found it to be sweet with a slight tang from the mustard. I used a powerful, dry, ground mustard and liked the contrast of the bite with the sweetness of the other ingredients.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup white raisins
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon, rind of
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- In a saucepan combine brown sugar, cornstarch and mustard.
- Stir in water, raisins, vinegar, lemon juice and lemon peel until blended.
- Bring to a boil and cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in butter until melted.
- Serve warm over baked sliced ham.