2 hrs 40 mins
Caroline Cooks's Note:
Lots of fiber; delicious toasted with lotsa butter *not healthy,oh well.LOL* Great as PB&J or Banana sandwich!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray 9X5" loaf pan with cooking oil.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Heat 1 cup water and milk to 105 degrees F., put into large mixing bowl with yeast; dissolve yeast. Add honey, oil and salt; mix well.
- 4Measure 4-4 1/2 cups flour carefully.
- 5Add half of flour to yeast mixture; blend on low speed of mixer until moistened; then beat 3 minutes on medium speed.
- 6Stir in granola, sunflower nuts, raisins, orange peel and remaining flour.
- 7On floured surface, knead in flour, adding enough to make dough smooth and elastic; about 10 minutes.
- 8Place dough in greased bowl, cover loosely with moist cloth towel.
- 9Let rise in warm place *80-85 degrees F.* until light and double in size, about 1 hour.
- 10Punch down on flour surface to remove all air bubbles.
- 11Shape into loaf; place in prepared loaf pan.
- 12Cover; let rise in warm place until doubled in size. about 45-60 minutes.
- 13Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 14In small bowl, combine egg and 1/2 tablespoons milk; brush over top.
- 15Bake for 35-45 minutes or until deep golden brown and loaf sound hollow when tapped.
- 16Remove from pans immediately; cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raisin Granola Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3525.0
- Calories from Fat 1016
- Total Fat 112.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 229.6 mg
- Sodium 2497.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 550.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 29.3 g
- Sugars 122.2 g
- Protein 88.5 g