Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Can assemble this the night before and keep in the refrigerator overnight.
- 1 loaf cinnamon raisin bread, cubed
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- powdered sugar
- maple syrup
- Put the bread cubes in a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over the bread cubes.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 20 minutes before baking; preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve with maple syrup, if desired.
Smells great and looks beautiful! I tried making this off of the Campbell's Kitchen website, but it didn't include the note about removing it from the fridge 20 minutes before baking. I'm sure that's the reason mine still wasn't fully cooked after 50 minutes. I'll definitely remember your tip when I try it again! Thank you!
This was very good. Will be making it often. You've got another winner, NurseDi. Thank you
Found this recipe from "200 casseroles" and was so happy to find it already entered here at Food. Thanks for posting ratherbeswimmin'. This makes a great presentation and is super easy. The cubing of the bread and the finishing touch of powdered sugar make the dish look superb. The smell coming out of the oven can make a tummy growl before you get it out. The key to the recipe is to let it sit 20-30 minutes out of a cold fridge because otherwise the middle will be too soft. Did I say this recipe is easy? Throw it together late at night and wake up and let it sit then bake. This would be great for guests, sleepovers, Christmas morning, first day of school etc. My family gobbled it up. Enjoy! ChefDLH