Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Festive holiday dessert.
Make and share this Raisin-Eggnog Bread Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- Butter or spray a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Put bread pieces in a bowl, pour eggnog over the bread and allow to soak for about 1 hour, or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Position oven rack in the middle position; preheat oven to 350°.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, yolks, sugar, brandy, and rum until thick and smooth.
- Stir in the bread mixture and pour into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle nutmeg over the top.
- Place the dish in a large shallow pan, such as a roasting pan, lined with a dish towel.
- Place the pan on the oven rack, and pour enough hot water into the larger pan to come halfway up the sides of the pudding dish.
- Bake for 1 hour or just until the center is set when gently shaken.
- Transfer to a baking rack to cool slightly.
- Serve with freshly whipped cream.
This recipe is easy and a great success when cooking for company! We halved the sugar, and substituted 1/2 cup of Evan Williams Original Southern Egg Nog (made with bourbon, rum, and brandy) for 1/2 cup of regular eggnog (omit the brandy and rum from the recipe). We also used low-fat eggnog. This is our favorite holiday dessert!