These cupcakes are so moist and delicious, perfect with coffee and to guests, I like the adult rum version but orange juice will work fine also :)
- Set oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line 16 standard-size muffin cups.
- In a saucepan, bring raisins and rum just to a simmer over medium heat; remove from heat.
- In a small bowl combine the flour with baking powder and cinnamon.
- In another bowl beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- Alternately stir in flour mixture and milk into butter mixture beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Drain raisins and discard soaking liquid, then stir raisins into batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan filling three-quarters full.
- Bake cupcakes about 20 minutes or until lightly browned and cupcakes test done.
- Cool then transfer to a rack.
Used the Rum to soak the raisins in,didn't have to drain them because the raisins absorbed it all.Just plain delicious
If I could rate these 10 I would. They are a wonderful adult treat (because of the rum I tend to say they are for adults). Whatever, they are moist, flavorful and a treat anytime of the day. Thanks for submitting and I am sorry that it took me so long to find the recipe.
Made these today and they are lucious. I did everything as the recipe stated, using orange juice to soak the raisins in. After they cooled for a bit, I drizzled some canned icing (vanilla) that I had heated for 30 seconds in the microwave over them. Very delicious. Thanks for the recipe.