Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These cupcakes are so moist and delicious, perfect with coffee and to guests, I like the adult rum version but orange juice will work fine also :)
- 1 cup dark raisin
- 1⁄3 cup rum or 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half or 3⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line 16 standard-size muffin cups.
- In a saucepan, bring raisins and rum just to a simmer over medium heat; remove from heat.
- In a small bowl combine the flour with baking powder and cinnamon.
- In another bowl beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- Alternately stir in flour mixture and milk into butter mixture beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Drain raisins and discard soaking liquid, then stir raisins into batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan filling three-quarters full.
- Bake cupcakes about 20 minutes or until lightly browned and cupcakes test done.
- Cool then transfer to a rack.