- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 lb butter, softened (1 stick)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease a cupcake tin, or line cups with paper liners.
- Sift together flour, salt, sugar and baking powder. Cut in butter with 2 knives, or the paddle attachment of a stand mixer.
- Mix eggs, milk and vanilla. Beat into dry mixture. Fold raisins in by hand.
- Divide batter between cups. Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then turn cakes out onto cooling rack until completely cooled.