Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you like coconut, and raisins..you will love this cookie..This is my favorite...when doing for yourself..pack ingredients in a quart freezer bag and half the work is done to make homemade cookies..Be sure to attach instructions to your jar or quart freezer bag...!!
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄4 sweetened coconut, firmly packed
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes cereal (see note)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oatmeal, not instant
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ** I have used Total, Wheaties as well as corn flakes.whatever I had on hand.just be sure to crush then measure cereal --.
- For the flour, add baking soda and baking powder to flour before laying flour.
- Layer ingredients in order given in a 1 quart wide mouth jar.
- Press each layer firmly in place before adding next ingredient.
- This recipe will be a tight fit.as well as some others.packing tightly will be critical.
- INSTRUCTIONS TO ATTACH TO BAG OR JAR:.
- Empty cookie mix into a large mixing bowl -- Use your hands to thoroughly blend mix.
- Add: 1 stick butter or margarine, not diet, softened.1 large egg, slightly beaten, 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Mix until completely blended.You will probably have to use your hands to completely mix well.
- Shape into balls the size of walnuts.
- Place 2" apart on sprayed sheet.
- Bake at 350* for 10-12 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.