Recipe by grandma2969
this pie has just a few raisins in its filling and a spicy crumb topping to add a contrasting texture.. it is an excellent interpretation of raisin pie and a scoop of ice cream on top makes it even better
- 1 (9 inch) pie pastry shells
- 1⁄2 cup dark raisin
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 375*.
- prick crust with fork and prebake it for 5 minutes, it should not be coloring.
- in a 2 quart saucepan,combine the raisins, 2 cups water, brown sugar, lemon juice,and salt.
- bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirrin occasionally.
- in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch with the remaining 1/4 cup of water; whisk it into the raisin mixture and continue cooking and stirring until mixture is thick and bubbly.
- about 2 minutes.
- stir in the butter and let the mixture cool.
- pour the cooked filling into the crust and set aside.
- in a small bowl, or food processor, combine the flour, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, and softened butter until crumbly.
- sprinkle the crumb topping over the raisins pie.
- bake, for about 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown --
- cool and refrigerate.