Recipe by Irmgard
This coffee cake is more like a pound cake as it is made with half a pound of butter and half a pound of cream cheese. It is one of my family's long time favourites!
- 1 1⁄2 cups golden raisins
- 1⁄4 cup orange liqueur (I use Triple Sec)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons orange rind, grated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine the raisins and liqueur.
- Heat over low heat for 1-2 minutes or until plump and the liquid is absorbed; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then beat in the rind.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Stir into the batter in three additions, adding the raisin mixture with the last addition.
- Spoon into a greased and floured 9" tube or Bundt pan; smooth the top.
- Bake in a 300 degree F oven for 80 minutes or until a tester inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Turn out onto a rack and let cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar.