Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Stuffing balls are an interesting departure from the traditional Thanksgiving or Christmas side dish. These balls are delicious and don't take long to make or bake.
- Saute onions, celery and walnuts in butter until tender.
- stir honey and all spices into the orange juice.
- Toss together the vegetable-nut mixture, cranberries and raisin bread cubes.
- Pour juice mixture over all and mix gently until well combined, adding more juice if necessary in order to hold a ball shape.
- Shape 1/2 cupfuls into balls by hand an dplace on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for about 25-30 minutes, until lightly browned.
OUTSTANDING SIDE DISH, & definitely a worthy replacement for the usual dressing! I did change a few things but nothing major, I thought ~ I cubed & dried a hearty nutty & whole wheat bread along with a handful of raisins & then used a generous measure of orange zest! I also used a flavorful dark wildflower honey! I'll be making these again before the end of the year! Thanks for the great keeper recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Let's P-A-R-T-Y! December Cooking Event]
Well, I halved the recipe, used fig bread instead of raisin, frozen cranberries instead of fresh, and this still turned out wonderful. Tasty balls that I may just try again for Christmas. Thank you Geema!