Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an old recipe one of the very first I ever made, learning to beat all with a wooden spoon, rolling into balls and fork crisscrosses. Easy for all the kids in your family to make and eat.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl measure out then sift the flour, tartar, soda, salt, blending.
- In a large bowl cream the butter, and sugar, until light and fluffy .
- Beat in the egg, lemon extract and the grated fresh lemon zest.
- Add half the dry ingredient and mix well.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and the raisins or fruit of your choice.
- Chilling the dough for half hour is good but not necessary.
- Roll into small balls, place on parchment and press down with floured fork to make ridges in a criss cross pattern.
- Bake until tops are golden, about 12 to 16 minutes, according to the heat of your oven and type of pan using.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.