This is an old recipe one of the very first I ever made, learning to beat all with a wooden spoon, rolling into balls and fork crisscrosses. Easy for all the kids in your family to make and eat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a bowl measure out then sift the flour, tartar, soda, salt, blending.
- 3In a large bowl cream the butter, and sugar, until light and fluffy .
- 4Beat in the egg, lemon extract and the grated fresh lemon zest.
- 5Add half the dry ingredient and mix well.
- 6Add remaining dry ingredients and the raisins or fruit of your choice.
- 7Chilling the dough for half hour is good but not necessary.
- 8Roll into small balls, place on parchment and press down with floured fork to make ridges in a criss cross pattern.
- 9Bake until tops are golden, about 12 to 16 minutes, according to the heat of your oven and type of pan using.
- 10Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raisin Cookies 1952
Serving Size: 1 (688 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.8
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 18.9 mg
- Sodium 94.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 1.4 g