1/4 Photos of Raisin-Cinnamon YEAST Doughnuts
3 hrs 15 mins
Robert Dell's Note:
"This recipe is intended to make a real good doughnut I remembered from my youth. The original baker has passed away 30 years ago and I've designed this doughnut to reflect his doughnuts." I also hereby grant myself permission to post this recipe to wikibooks as I already donated it to the public domain.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
pumpkin pie spice 4211
- 4 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1mix the spice ingredients well and store in an airtight container (small mason jar).
- 2start proofing the yeast by adding the tsp sugar to the water and stir until disolved. add all 5 packs of yeast and stir again. yeast is ready when you get 1/2 inch of foam on top of it.
- 3put milk (from fridge) into microwave on high for 1 minute (105 to 110 deg f). put eggs in bowl, add 1/2 cup sugar, milk, yeast mixture, and honey.
- 4add 4 cups flour, raisins, salt, and pumpkin pie spice 4211.
- 5add rest of flour and then add melted butter.
- 6start mixer slowly until it's completely mixed together, you may need to stop the mixer periodically to scrape the bowl and get the dry ingredients to mix in right.
- 7once the dough is mixed, turn the dough hook to high for about 2 minutes to properly knead it. the finished dough should be fairly soft but stiff (when checked with a floured hand).
- 8place 2 boards 1/2 inch thick on the table to help roll out the thickness.
- 9Roll onto a floured surface using the 1/2 inch boards as a guide.
- 10cut into 3 inch squares or use a hex doughnut cutter to get shaped doughnuts. place on pans with parchment paper and let raise until at least doubled in thickness.
- 11bake at 425f degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 12holes 10 minutes.
- 13glaze them with your favorite glaze while hot or frosting when cooled down.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raisin-Cinnamon YEAST Doughnuts
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.2
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 18.6 mg
- Sodium 106.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 4.3 g