Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
We make for Christmas morning. Serve with warm maple syrup and breakfast sausage!! Make the day before and bake while you open presents!!
- 1⁄2 loaf thick sliced cinnamon raisin bread, cubed
- 4 ounces diced cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Spray 8x8 inch glass dish, add bread cubes& top with cream cheese, do two layers.
- Mix remaining and pour over bread& cheese.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Bake 325 for 35-40 minutes.
I loved this!! As recommended, we had this Christmas morning. The flavors go well together. One thing I figured out (since I'm neither very intelligent, nor an experienced cook) was that the melted butter, if still hot, will sort of cook the eggs. So you kind of have to watch for that. No big deal, just something I noticed. I plan to make this again one day.
Great Dish, Thanks Tammie. I made a 4x batch for a brunch at work. EVERYBODY raved about it. I had to cook about 90 minutes as the pan was relativly deep. Next time I would take it out of the fridge a bit earlier so it came to room temp prior to cooking.
I make a receipe almost excatly the same to this one (mine's bigger) for Christmas except it has 1 cup of diced peeled apples in it. It is very yummy! Super simple to make and great because it's cooking while we start opening gifts.