Recipe by Lalaloula
I came up with recipe myself when looking for a special sweet treat this weekend. It is very easy to prepare and also quite low in sugar, which makes it a little less sinful. I hope you will enjoy these as much as I do. If you cant find sesame-caramel bars, you might substitute some honey plus sesame seeds for them.
Top Review by Katzen
Delicious! And so easy to make, I made them in the morning - on a work morning! DH loved them so much that he said "I'm not saying you have to make scones every morning, but boy, it would be nice - I really enjoyed that scone with my coffee!" Now, DH's usual comment is "good" when I ask him how a recipe is... that he said so much about this recipe says how good they are. :) I really enjoyed the Sesame Snaps in them, too (that's what they're called in Canada). Delish, Loula - I'll make these again for sure! Made for our VIP Chef in Veggie Swap 16!
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup oats
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons sugar (use more if you like your scones sweet)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (use more if you prefer a stronger cinnamon flavour)
- 1 (0.06 g) packet sesame, caramel bars crushed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F.
- In a bowl mix together flour, baking powder, sugar and cinnamon. Add oil and stir to combine.
- Fold in raisins and crushed sesame caramel bars (or 1tbs honey plus a generous tbs of sesame seeds).
- Now add both liquids and stir to combine. Knead into a soft dough. If it is too sticky add more flour, if it is too dry add some more milk.
- Pat out dough on a floured surface and cut out scones of desired seize ( I use a regular glass for cutting).
- Place on a paper-lined baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes until baked through and golden brown.
- Enjoy! :).