Recipe by senseicheryl
This recipe was featured in an email today from the www.recipe4living.com website. "This crock pot recipe can be adapted with other flavor extract and another fruit like bananas."
Top Review by PatriotsGirl
This was so simple but didn't taste like it was quite so simple! I actually used all egg whites in place of the eggs to make it a bit healthier, and it still came out absolutely delicious. I'm sure it would be even better with the whole eggs...I'll try it next time :-) I think this is pretty versatile, and can easily be adjusted to suit individual tastes. I love almonds, and next time I think I might throw in a handful of slivered almonds to give it a little texture and extra pop. I love that you can just throw this in the crock pot and have such a delicious dessert in a few hours. It was perfect served warm with a dollop of whipped cream on top, or cold right out of the fridge. This is a wonderful recipe, I will make it often!
- 10 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, cut into pieces, about 5 Cups
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray inside of 5 quart crockpot with vegetable spray.
- Place bread cubes in the crockpot.
- Mix milk, water, vanilla, and eggs, and pour over bread cubes. Spoon stir the bread with the milk mixture to coat all the bread cubes.
- Cover and cook on low 2 1/2-3 hours. Serve warm with ice cream or cold with cool whip. Preheats easily in microwave.