From Beatrice Ojakangas’ book, Great Holiday Baking Book in the Halloween chapter. She says in its intro: “These cookies have been a family favorite for more years than I care to relate! Our kids took them to school and sold them at fund-raisers, we made them for Halloween parties, we gave them away as gifts stacked and wrapped in cellophane, and we sold them at the church bazaar. They were always the first to go. My original recipe makes fifty jumbo cookies and the amount of dough was so large that we had to mix the dough in a dishpan. I’ve scaled this down to a reasonable amount. Yes, there is no flour in this recipe!” Makes 15 4 ½- to 5-inch cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter or 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chocolate-covered raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Prepare two baking sheets by covering with parchment paper or non-stick spray.
- 3In large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar using an electric mixer until smooth. Add the vanilla and egg and beat until light.
- 4Stir in the rolled oats and baking soda.
- 5Stir in the chocolate chips, raisins, chocolate-covered raisins, and walnuts and mix well.
- 6With either a #12 ice cream scoop or a 1/3 cup measure, scoop dough from the bowl and place the mounds 3 inches apart on the baking sheet. Flatten slightly using a fork.
- 7Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until a light golden brown.
- 8Cool for 2 or 3 minutes on the baking sheet, then remove to wire rack and cool completely.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raisin-Chip-Peanut Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.1
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 28.6 mg
- Sodium 94.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 30.4 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: