Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
wonderful side dish
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- In a medium pan, combine pineapple, cornstarch, mustard and salt.
- Cook over medium heat till mixture boils and thickens --
- Remove from heat and stir in vinegar, and refrigerate till well chilled --
- Gently stir in mayonnaise and carrots and raisins in a bowl --
- Add the pineapple mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon into lettuce cups and serve on individual salad plates.
This is excellent !! Has the mouth feel of a full fat salad. Crisp carrots, plump raisins, sweet/tart pineapple. It's a favorite of mine from NOW on !!! YUMMY !!!!!