Prep 8 mins
Cook 30 mins
These bars were a big hit with the preschoolers, when I had the daycare. They (of course) liked to help me make them too!
- 1 cup flour, plus
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup oats
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup caramel topping
- 1 cup raisins
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350*.
- Mix 1 cup flour, oats, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in butter;, mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Press into bottom of lightly greased 13x9 pan.
- Bake 12 minutes.
- Mix caramel topping and remaining flour.
- Remove pan from oven, drizzle on top.
- Sprinkle raisins, and walnuts on top.
- Bake for 16 minutes.
This is very easy, very quick, and a nice sweet treat. I love that it contains ingredients I always have on hand. I will make it again. As I love coconut, I probably will substitute that for the chocolate chips next time. Thanks for sharing!
Very good!! I wasn't too sure about the combo of raisins and caramel but it tastes lovely! This is a very sweet dessert so you only need a little piece unless you are a sweets lover! baked up quick and easy!