Recipe by chef a la Sheena
I was looking for a recipe for tarts to make for christmas that was easy and delicious. I couldn't find anything on line that worked for me in one recipe so I took a little bit from a couple of recipes and came up with this.
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups flour
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- mix all ingrediants for the crust until crumbly,,,form a ball and place in fridge for at least one hour.
- pre heat oven to 400°F.
- roll out dough to desired thickness. I like 3/8 of an inch.
- place in tart pan or greased muffin tin.
- place all ingrediants for the filling in a pot on stove and slowly heat for about 10 minutes.
- spoon into tarts and bake for 20-25 minutes.