Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my mom's recipe. She's had it for years--not sure where it came from originally. These are very moist and the vanilla flavoring adds a nice extra flavor.
- 4 cups flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix flour, baking powder and sugar.
- Cut in butter.
- Then add beaten eggs, milk, vanilla and raisins.
- Mix just until all flour is moistened.
- Roll out dough onto lightly floured surface with rolling pin.
- Roll out to about 2 inch thickness.
- Use a round cookie cutter or the top of a glass to cut out buns.
- Put them into a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Place them all together, no need to separate them.
- Bake at 450°F until golden brown about 12-15 minutes.
Simple and tasty! The vanilla does add a lovely kick.