1/3 Photos of Raisin Bread Pudding With Apple-Molasses Sauce
Sue Lau's Note:
Old-fashioned taste that is comforting and delicious. One of my favorites! This recipe came from one of the Disney resorts but I don't recall which.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Pudding
- 10 slices raisin bread, cut into cubes
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 2 teaspoons sugar
For the Sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish or oven-proof casserole.
- 3Spread the bread cubes in the bottom of the baking dish.
- 4In a medium mixing bowl, beat together eggs, milk, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- 5Pour mixture over bread.
- 6In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and 2 teaspoons of sugar; sprinkle over the top of pudding mixture.
- 7Bake pudding at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until it is lightly browned and firm.
- 8To prepare sauce, stir together apple juice, apple butter, apples, raisins, molasses, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a saucepan over low heat.
- 9Simmer 5-10 minutes or until warm and well blended.
- 10Serve sauce over warm pudding.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raisin Bread Pudding With Apple-Molasses Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.4
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 85.7 mg
- Sodium 186.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 33.4 g
- Protein 6.7 g