Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I could eat this forever. Note: I reduced the baking temperature, because the amount of sugar makes the bread brown faster.
- 4 cups flour
- 1 package fast rising yeast
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 package raisins
- 1 3⁄4 cups water or 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Melt butter in the microwave, let cool it cool to lukewarm temperature.
- Add warm water or milk to dry mixture, then add butter.
- Mix all ingredients together and let stand for a minute.
- Add flour to the mixture and stir until it forms a ball.
- Flour countertop, dump out the dough and knead for at least five minutes or until dough no longer sticks to counter.
- Place in greased bowl and cover.
- Let rise for 1 hour, then punch the dough down.
- Let rise for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Place dough into breadpan and bake at 325 for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Not rating this as it didin't rise for me--at all. It may have been bad yeast. I still cooked it, and it came out a brick, but a brick with good possibilites. I will have to try and make it again with fresh yeast. All of the cinnamon in it is a nice touch.