Recipe by prettypatty2000
This recipe is from a web site called everyday Health. I'm going to be making this this Sunday morning...
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I was generous with both zest & raisins, using rounded teaspoons for the former & 3/4 cup for the latter! (What can I say, but that I LOVE RAISINS!) This recipe came together very easily, & I was left with a great tasting loaf of bread ~ AND I served it up with recipe #285809! Very, very nice! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]
- 3 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons orange peel, grated (zest)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Prepare a 9x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick pan spray.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a large bowl.
- Mix the milk, margarine, eggs and orange zest in a medium bowl. Add to the dry ingredients. Mix until just blended, stir in the raisins. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack at room temperature at least 1 hour and 30 minutes before slicing into 18 slices.