Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
If you like homemade raisin bread, you'll love this recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup unseasoned mashed potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages yeast
- 7 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted) or 1⁄2 cup margarine (melted)
- Scald milk, remove from heat, and add sugar, salt, butter and mashed potatoes.
- Let cool.
- Dissolve yeast in water, then mix with milk.
- Add raisins and flour. Stir.
- Let rise in warm place for about 1½ hours.
- Then divide dough into 2 loaves.
- Then mix the following ingredients separately: 1/2 cup sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon,.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (melted)
- Then roll the set aside loaves out on a board and put half of butter, sugar and cinnamon mixture on each roll.
- Roll up as for a jelly roll and pinch edges together.
- Bake in loaf pans at 350 degrees to 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Makes 2 loaves.