Recipe by AB_Fan
A great recipe from my mom. My DH loves these muffins and looks forward to visits to mom's house because he knows he will get to eat these. A make-ahead batter that keeps up to 6 weeks in the refrigerator, for fresh muffins anytime you'd like to have them.
Top Review by Diane S
I have made these muffins many times, I also decreased the amount of salt. I highly recommend this recipe. Also, I used white whole wheat flour instead of white flour. to raise fiber content. The muffins turned out very tasty. Even my husband liked them.
- 5 cups flour
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) package Raisin Bran cereal, about 7 cups
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil or 1 cup canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first five ingredients in a large mixing bowl and blend well.
- Combine buttermilk, eggs and oil and stir into dry ingredients until just blended.
- Cover mixture and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to use, preheat oven to 400°F and fill paper lined muffin tins 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- NOTES: You need a very large bowl to mix this in - the ingredients do not separate after being in the fridge one week - do not remix when you go to use it again. I store mine in a large Tupperware bowl with the lid on.