Top Review by jean
This was just the recipe I was looking for since I had a box of cereal that no one was finishing! They were chewy, yet moist. I added 1 teaspoon of vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups Raisin Bran cereal (I use Post)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup oil (applesauce may be substituted for oil)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in cereal and walnuts.
- Add buttermilk, oil and eggs.
- Blend until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Do not over stir.
- Mixture may be stored, covered, in a nonmetal bowl in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- Recipe may be doubled.