Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups Raisin Bran cereal (I use Post)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup oil (applesauce may be substituted for oil)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
- Blend flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in cereal and walnuts.
- Add buttermilk, oil and eggs.
- Blend until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Do not over stir.
- Mixture may be stored, covered, in a nonmetal bowl in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- Recipe may be doubled.
This was just the recipe I was looking for since I had a box of cereal that no one was finishing! They were chewy, yet moist. I added 1 teaspoon of vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
Easy, delicious and so convenient! I left out the walnuts, because I didn't have any on hand, but even without these muffins were astounding. My kids adore these with a bit of butter and grape jelly!
Super Recipe! I followed others' advice and mixed all wet ingredients with raisin bran and let soak 5 minutes or so. Then slowly added dry ingredients just until moist. I added 2 TBS. molasses as I wanted the color to be richer and the flavor is superb. I also baked for 15 minutes but at 350 degrees as I misread the directions, but they were very soft and moist. Definately let cool in the pan for a few minutes and then finish cooling on a cookie rack, the first batch fell because they were taken out too early.