Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Kellogg's. Very nice!
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 cups kellogg's Raisin Bran cereal
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tbsp sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cereal and milk. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal is softened. Add egg and oil. Beat well.
- Add flour mixture to cereal mixture and stir just until combined. Scoop into lined muffin cups. Sprinkle evenly with topping.
- Bake approximately 25 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.
I absolutely loved it!!! It turned out perfectly. Light, fluffier than most, and perfectly sweetened (see my tweaks on "Tweaks").
Wonderful, and healthier than most Raisin Bran muffin recipes! I switched out the oil for an equal amount of unsweetened applesauce and added cinnamon to the mix, and it worked out great. Next time, I might add some nutmeg...
Easy to make and very delicious! Who knew raisin bran could taste so good?