Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Eat more fiber.
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400° and grease a muffin tin.
- In a mixing bowl, combine bran and milk.
- Add in egg, butter, and vanilla; stir to mix well.
- Stir in raisins.
- In another bowl, sift together flour and baking powder.
- Add in brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt; mix well.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients; add bran mixture.
- Stir just until blended.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until test done.
this recipe was exactly what i was looking for this morning. i used whole wheat pastry flour in place of the all purpose, and i didn't have any vanilla so i omitted that. made mine with smart balance spread and added some flax seeds and slivered almonds in addition to the raisins. just had one now and they are delicious!
I used no salt as its in the butter and less bp. Easy quick and tasty