Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are yummy and healthy, meaning that they will not be as sugary sweet and light as other muffins, which is why we love them. Great warm with a pat of butter. My family often requests these for breakfast. Enjoy everybody!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 cups Raisin Bran cereal
- Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat egg in small bowl, then stir in milk and oil.
- Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- (batter will be lumpy).
- Stir in cereal.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan that has been sprayed with no stick cooking spray filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
This was good for a bran muffin. I would like to offer the suggestion that you add some cinnamon... that little bit of stuff was magical for this recipe!!!
My family & I also liked this recipe. We will have it again. Raisin Bran is my favorite cereal so I knew I'd like it. Thanks for sharing.
We loved these muffins! I have been looking for something not so sweet for breakfast. This is it!! Very easy to make. Yummy