Recipe by Slocan cook
A crisp and crunchy cookie with the goodness of maple syrup to make a good sub for breakfast with raisins and oat bran together.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons dry ginger
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 1 cup thompson seedless raisin
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Blend flour, b. powder, b. soda and dry ginger together in a small bowl
- Mix butter, sugar, and maple syrup and combine well to make a smooth paste
- Add beaten eggs to butter/sugar mixture and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed till eggs are light and creamy
- Mix in oats, oat bran and raisins beating on medium speed until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed together
- Take a small amount of dough in your hands and roll into a ball.
- Place 2" apart on parchment paper and press down with a fork to flatten before baking in the oven.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until lightly browned on top
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely before storing in a container.