Recipe by Sage
These will come out as a pleasant healthy surprise. These are not too sweet; perfect for breakfast.
Top Review by Nancy Schmock
Does any one review these recipes? Where do you add the Splenda ? Who ever heard of sticking a knife into a muffin to check for doneness. Maybe a toothpick would be a better choice. Shame on Food.com
- 591.47 ml Raisin Bran cereal
- 295.73 ml buttermilk
- 78.07 ml applesauce
- 1 egg
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 78.07 ml Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, Splenda, salt, raisins and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, Combine cereal and buttermilk; let sit for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the applesauce, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients, and stir until completely combined.
- Divide the batter between the 12 prepared muffin tins.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until knife inserted in middle of muffin comes out clean.
- Cool a few minutes; turn on a wire rack.